Learn how to control the information that’s collected, stored, and shared when you use SpeedTestNow.
Although this policy describes features that are specific to SpeedTestNow, any personal information that is provided to Jet Studio Software.
Effective March 16, 2020
In this Privacy Notice, we use the term “SpeedTestNow” to refer to all the products in the SpeedTestNow family listed above.
If there are differences in our policy between products, we’ll point them out.
We change this Privacy Notice from time to time.
“Beta” versions of SpeedTestNow let you test new features still being created in SpeedTestNow.
Identifiers in SpeedTestNow
SpeedTestNow includes a number of unique and non-unique identifiers necessary to power features and functional services.
For example, when you click the button “Check for Updates” to update SpeedTestNow.
Where possible, we use non-unique identifiers and remove identifiers when they are no longer needed.
Additionally, the following identifiers help us develop, distribute, and promote SpeedTestNow, but are not directly related to a SpeedTestNow feature.
- Usage ID. The “Usage ID” is a unique ID auto-generated when installing SpeedTestNow. The Usage ID is used only for functional purposes, and provide internet services like the Cloud Security feature or update SpeedTestNow. The Usage ID is may shared with third-parties for measurement and other purposes.
Information We Collect
We automatically collect general information on the use of SpeedTestNow.
For example, how you use SpeedTestNow, the settings you have set, and so on.
Through SpeedTestNow we collect:
- Information about your use of the Services, such as usage data and statistical information, which may be aggregated.
- Device identification (“ID”), which is a distinctive number associated with a smartphone or similar handheld device, but is different than a hardware serial number.
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
- Device type, settings, and software used.
- Device general information (e.g. screen size, screen resolution).
- Usage ID.
The Information You Provide to Us
We also collect the information you provide to us.
For example, when you report a malware to us via the reporting form in SpeedTestNow.
SpeedTestNow provides some features that need information for functional purposes.
Speedtest by Ookla
Speedtest is a web service provided by Ookla, LLC.
For more information on the privacy practices of Speedtest by Ookla, please review the Ookla privacy web page.